What is Katie up to now?

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Tuna Torture


“We can do this. If you swallow without chewing, it just slides right down.” – Marya

I think I might have been a rabbit in a previous life. What’s up with my face? Marya and I ventured to a new restaurant last Friday night. I think we were the only people there. This has happened to us on more than one occasion so I’m beginning to think we smell or something. The second we sat down the music turned into a medley of Broadway/rat pack/oldies. Hilarious. They were probably like “the Americans are here, put in the CD! Put in the CD!” Anyway, we thought we’d be bold and order the Caesar salad. All the salads we’ve seen here so far don’t look very appetizing, but hey, ya never know until ya try. As we’re waiting, the waiter brought us that evening’s chef special, tuna salad, on the house. We politely thanked him and then sat there debating if we could really eat it. We had bread and, after all, it was resting on a tomato, so we decided we could handle it by combining it with other stuff to get it down. It wasn’t so bad. I’ve definitely eaten worse. I’ll take tuna over pigskin any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home