What is Katie up to now?

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Mallrats


Now THAT's what I call a purse

Going back to January, on the first night we arrived, we went to the Bucharest Mall. Yes, our first meal in Romania was at Ruby Tuesday’s. Pretty sad, but anyway, getting to the point, this pseudo-mall is awful. It’s super hot and crowded (Danielle, think our worst nightmare of all shopping nightmares), the elevators are very oddly placed (you have to walk like halfway around the mall to get to the escalator that takes you down another level), and most of all, NEVER EVER try to eat there. There’s never an open table in the food court, so you get your food and then stand there like an idiot waiting for people to get up. Mind you, they’re probably only smoking and chatting while your food is getting cold. I get so mad, furious actually, almost to the point where I’d rather not eat because I’m pissed. Too bad I don’t know how to scream “MOVE, CAN’T YOU SEE I’M TRYING TO EAT?” in Romanian. Ok, I would never do that, but still, that’s how mad I get.

We heard about another mall somewhere so we decided to check it out on Saturday. We had no idea that we were missing out. Oh, it’s excellent. It’s not crowded or super hot, the movie theater is cheaper, there’s a good coffee and pastry place and they have some bangin clothing stores. And the best part? A ginormous food court with LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of open tables.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate I told you... You don't have to go shopping for me that often. I only need about 236 new shirts (dressy, preferably green or blue, vertical stripes if you can find any) and about 33 new pairs of pants. Thanks. See you when you get back.

2:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know what i'm thinkin today? THANK GOD we don't live above mccloskey's anymore! any st. patty's day celebrations in romania?

12:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home