What is Katie up to now?

Monday, March 21, 2005

Steaua - Part Doua

We left work around 6 last Wednesday for the rescheduled Steaua game. When we got there, the event staff wasn’t letting any more spectators in, even though we had valid tickets. I guess paying money for a ticket doesn’t really mean anything in Romania. Once the stadium is packed, forget it. After attempting to get around the guards and nearly getting run over by a trolley, we gave up and a group of us headed back to our apartment to enjoy the game on TV. I, for one, was perfectly fine with this decision. I really didn’t feel like getting into trouble with law enforcement officials in this city again (yes, again, but that story is for another time and place). We’re going to try and go to a national game this Wednesday, but I don’t think we were really meant to see a soccer game here. Some crazy sporting forces are working against us. That’s ok though, at least my toes were nice and toasty in my warm winter socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home